Professionals dedicated to listening.
The Vestal Center LLC
Independent Providers of Psychological Services & Psychotherapy
Carlene J. Ianuzzi, Ph.D. Deborah J. Brooker, Ph.D. Guy Windingland, LCSW-R
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Vestal Center LLC?
- The Vestal Center LLC manages office space and provides support services (e.g., receptionist, billing assistance) for independent practitioners of mental health services. All of the therapists at The Vestal Center LLC have their own independently established and maintained private practices. As such, each individual provider chooses when to accept new clients and with whom to work, sets their hours of operation, has their own fee schedule, and makes independent decisions about with which insurance companies to maintain provider contracts. If you have questions about any individual provider, please see the About Us portion of this website or call us at 607.323.4110.
What will happen when I call to request an appointment?
- When you call our office for an appointment, we will gather some basic information about you, your insurance coverage, and the reason(s) you would like to be seen. In addition, we will ask whether you have any preferences about which therapist you would like to see. Because each of the providers at The Vestal Center LLC makes their own decision about whether to schedule a new patient, it may take 1-2 business days to process your request for an appointment. If an appointment is available, we will also contact your insurance company to ask basic questions about your coverage -- Is a referral from your primary care physician required? How much is your copayment for appointments? Is the provider in-network with your particular insurance plan? We can then give you this information when we call you back to schedule your first appointment.
Does health insurance usually cover psychotherapy?
- Most health insurance plans provide some coverage for individual psychotherapy. Insurance generally requires that therapy be a 'medically necessary' service, meaning that the person coming in for therapy must be experiencing some type of identifiable difficulty for which psychotherapy is known to be beneficial (e.g., excessive worrying, persistent sad mood, anger management difficulties, sleep problems). In our experience, when most people decide to begin therapy, their difficulties are generally causing enough distress that they meet the criteria for coverage by health insurance. The number of visits that health insurance plans will cover varies but usually includes at least 20 visits each year.
How much will psychotherapy cost?
- Your cost for services is based upon your insurance plan's determination of the copayment/coinsurance for outpatient psychotherapy. In most cases, people pay $25 or less per session. For some, insurance will cover 100% of the expense. Because we contact your insurance company prior to your first visit, you will know your approximate cost before you begin therapy.
What insurance plans are accepted at The Vestal Center LLC?
- Because each therapist maintains their own independent practice, they also participate in some different insurance plans. However, there are providers available for most of the most popular insurance plans, including AETNA, CDPHP, Child & Family Health Plus, The Empire Plan, Excellus BlueCross/BlueShield, Magellan, Medicare, The Monroe Plan, RMSCO, and United Healthcare.
Where is The Vestal Center LLC located? How do I get there?
- The Vestal Center LLC is conveniently located at the corner of Main Street and Kimble Road in Vestal, NY, just two short blocks away from the Vestal Parkway at Four Corners. Our offices are about one mile from the Vestal exit off Route 17/Interstate 86 and an easy drive from all Southern Tier locations.
Is there parking available at The Vestal Center LLC?
- The Vestal Center LLC has lots of free parking in a lot adjacent to the building.
Can I get to The Vestal Center LLC using public transportation?
- Yes. Our offices are a short walk from two of the bus stops on BC Transit's Route 55 (aka 'The Endwell Shuttle').
Is The Vestal Center LLC accessible for people with disabilities?
- Yes. Our offices are fully accessible. Handicapped parking and a ramp entrance to the second floor (where our offices are located) are both available at the rear of the building. In addition, there is an accessible restroom located in our suite.